Dreams

Monday, July 18, 2005

I finish the book fast because I am a genius. *smiles brightly at Hwee* most people can probably finish it in one sitting though. I am a lover of books. Considering how much time has gone since I last read a storybook before reading Harry Potter, I wonder if saying that is a bit much. Needless to say, I've done myself justice by finishing Harry Potter, Rapture in Death by JD Robb and am currently reading the Joseph Cycle. That does not happen to fall into the storybook category however, it falls into the future investor/analyst category where I was treated to charts and graphs outlining the cycle of 7 fat years and 7 lean years that Joseph of biblical times interpreted from the Pharoh of Egypt's dreams. Apparently it can be linked to the Singapore economy and probably any other economy closely dependent on the US. Interesting. I wonder why I bothered to read that book. Perhaps it was because my dad said it was interesting, reading about interest rates/DJI/STI and trying to get a fortune in those Bull run years.

Poor me. I guess I'll never be able to make a good investor/analyst.

After History today, in which I was sufficently scared to death by the huge amount of topics that I was supposed to study, some of the girls in my class settled down for a talk before attending the first meeting of the philosophy club (debating about "why are we good" to which I replied "because we are not bad"). It was really supposed to be me staying back to ask Hwee if she had submitted her TEF form but it turned into a talk talk talk session that girls are famous for. Basically after all the great talking and sharing (I shall not say gossiping) I am still at a loss at what I'm supposed to do with my life after the As. Not the short term thing but the long term one. Do I really want to study overseas? Tie myself to a bond because I definitely need a scholarship to pursue a course overseas? Do I really want to study overseas so badly to even try for a scholarship?

Perhaps it's just a matter of laziness.

Mum just came in and remarked that perhaps I should consider a teaching scholarship like she did. You should have seen the wince. She laughed, already knowing my response, shaking her head as she thinks of how many more years she'll have to work as a teacher. Amazing. I hope I don't end up being a teacher though you never know. Look at my dad-- from an accountant to a lecturer on accountancy. Am i destined to become a teacher in a family with half the members already teachers??? Ms Goh told me once of a student who said she'll never take a teaching scholarship but wanted so badly to go overseas to study that she ended up accepting one. The irony of it all.

I've just watched the Buffy musical again after lending it to Quek. It's amazing how much I want to coo at the screen when Spike comes on. There spreads a stupid grin across my face when he sings (James Marsters the actor is in a band but they disbanded) and this is definitely an episode worth keeping on tape, though I'm still waiting for the day when I have enough money to purchase the DVDs. I'm trying to resist the urge to scream "Spike is so cute!!!" but my sister and dad are sick and I doubt they'll appreciate my outburst even though they like it when I'm all happy and bouncy because it doesn't really happen often. Angel should come on Channel 5. As dinner is done and mum's calling, I shall refrain from complaining about "Why no SCV so we can watch more TV like Angel and CSI and reruns and EPL?"

Fine. Spoil my happiness.


Comments: Post a Comment
* about.

christine. st nicks. vjc. 04a53. 13 aug. guides. chelsea. i like good things in life, just like how i appreciate the people who care about me. pardon any words that you may find offensive, i do not mean to offend.

Lazing around


Listening:Home-Michael Buble
Feeling:Tired
Doing:Watching Chelsea Review DVD
Wanting:25th Nov 2005 to come *

* blog links.


Basilia
Benita
Cheryl O
Cheryl Q
Chun Jia
Eileen
Fariza
Hui Yi
Hwee Min
Kat
Lucas
Nat
Nette
Peggy
Ren Hui
Sam
Samantha Lim
Sharon
SNGG
Tze Qi
Yue Yiao
YY's new blog
04a53 web
04a53 blog

My Walk with God
Chelsea FC
Football Photos
TB/X Fics
Guestbook 2

Wishlist


-Playstation 2
-Anything to do with Chelsea!!
-Armani sunglasses
-Guns and Roses "Greatest Hits"
-L'Arc'En'Ciel "Dune"
-Maksim "The Piano Player"
-Maksim "Variations Part I & II"
-Velvet Revolver "Contraband"
-The Lion King 1, 1 1/2, 2 VCD
-Katherine Ramsland "The Vampire Companion"
-Anne Rice "The Tale of the Body Thief"
-Anne Rice "Blood Canticle"
-Swarovski star shaped christmas ornament
-Calvin Klein Eternity Moment
-New drumsticks
-Clavinova

blog archieve

11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002 12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003 01/01/2003 - 02/01/2003 02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003 03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003 04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003 05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003 06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003 07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003 08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003 09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003 10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003 11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003 12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004 01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004 02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004 06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005 05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005 06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005 07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005 08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005 09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006 12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007 03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007

* thx to

- blogger
- blogskins.com
- serendipityq.com


- Cheryl aka Pwure